Monday, July 18, 2011

A Quick Makeover

I've been working on a great organization project that's taking some time, so I thought I'd make a quick post about another project until I finish this one. Awhile back I was looking for a little table to put in the spare room next to the bed. I was hoping for something a little quirky, and this is what I found:


Such a cute little typewriter stand! The base was painted a nasty, chipping green. The top was lovely wood, with a little wood shelf that pulls out that was stained pretty bad. I knew it just needed a little touching up!

So I took black spray paint and painted the base. I loved the wood top, but didn't know what to do with the shelf. I wanted to be able to use it, but it was in such bad shape, with paint and water stains. My mom, as usual, had a great idea...

Chalkboard paint!

I left the top since it was so nice, and painted the shelf with black chalkboard paint. It turned out so cute!



I love it! I wanted to paint it a bright, unexpected color, but I went with black so it would be neutral enough for any room. So there's a cute, quick makeover for you!

I'm linking up this post over at Not Just a Housewife. Go check out some of the other great projects over there!

No comments:

Post a Comment