Thursday, June 23, 2011

My Favorite.....80's Hamper?!

First....if you look at the last post, its been a really long time since I posted. As in, months. The good news is, lots of good, big decisions have been made and lots of changes are in place and life is great! And, I'm back with some fun projects!

This is now one of my very favorite things in our house. Want to see it?
Oh yeah, that's some pretty 80's tackiness :) And all those shoes on the floor? They are the reason for this whole project. I HATED looking at those shoes lined up every day! So, my mom and I stopped in at our favorite junk antique store and she convinced me this is perfect for the job. Want a closer look at that fabulous fabric on the lid?


Wow, I honestly haven't seen any of those little prairie people in a LONG time! But, a little spray paint and some fabric can make a world of difference!


Ta-da! The picture doesn't quite do it justice. The blue is just beautiful! And best of all, the shoes are blessedly hidden. This thing makes our whole bedroom look kind of shabby! But never fear, I'm mulling over a make-over for the rest of the room soon, too :)

Keep checking in for more great projects!



I'm linking this up over at Remodelaholic! Go check some of the other awesome projects there!




P.S. I forgot to add the best part! The hamper was marked for $5, but when I got to the register, it came up to just $3.50! I got the fabric, which I want to cover my entire house in, at Jo-Ann Fabric for somewhere around $4 (1/2 yard). I went to Lowe's and picked out that great dark blue spray paint, then happened to walk by their little spot for returned paint and saw an almost full can of the same color for $1! So the whole thing was only $8.50!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Where did all of the shoes go? Great re-do! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete