Sunday, November 28, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree...

So it took us 3 days altogether, but we got both of our Christmas trees all decorated today! It's our first Christmas married, and we both had our own Christmas stuff, so instead of cramming it all onto one tree, we put up 2 :)

Here's hubby's tree in his office. Notice the sports theme evident on the wall :) This is his normal tree: colored lights, silver star with colored lights, solid colored ball ornaments, and silver garland (I added the tree skirt!).




This is "our" tree, the main one in the living room. The tree was my grandma's until a couple years ago, and it is covered with white AND colored lights, an assortment of glass ornaments (mostly mine), random ornaments we've collected through our lives, and icicles. Lots of icicles! Oh, and grandma's vintage tree topper.


I don't have a skirt for this tree yet, but I do have a project in mind to make one. Stay tuned for that!



Here are some of my favorite ornaments:




I couldn't get great photos, but the first and last ones are vintage from my grandparents' collections, and the middle one is oh so shiny in person!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment