Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

This is my first year married, so Thanksgiving will be a little different than in the past, but we'll still spend a lot of time with family. I was really happy to learn that my in-laws have a Thanksgiving get-together the weekend before, so we get to see both families without running like crazy!

Thanksgiving at my family's house has always been a great time that extends through the whole weekend! Today we'll have an amazing lunch cooked by my mom and grandma, then we'll watch football, talk, and eat through the afternoon. Tomorrow we'll set up the big tree at my parent's (this is their first year with a fake; for quite a few years we went and cut a 12-foot real tree!), and we'll drag out the rest of the Christmas decorations and start putting them up. This year, my brother and sister-in-law are visiting, so we plan to have Christmas with them on Saturday, since we won't be together probably until spring. And hopefully hubby and I can find some time in there to start getting out our own Christmas stuff!

Have a wonderful holiday and don't forget to be thankful for all your blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment